Saturday, August 4, 2007

NO/AIDS Taskforce

So before I head to the PeaceCorps I need a few months of volutneer service in an HIV/AIDS organization. I've connected with the NO/AIDS Taskforce here in nola and will be delivering food every Tuesday and Thursday morning to persons with AIDS who are homebound and cannot prepare their own meals. check the link below for more info:

http://www.noaidstaskforce.org/article.php?story=vol.fff



I'm really looking forward to this because I haven't had much experience with this area of work. I'll be able to assist in some testing and possibly help out on some of their fundraising events.

I'm also excited about getting to know the city better. I'll have the same route both days (wish me luck I'm terrible with directions:) hehe, didn't tell them that when they were screening me!) so hopefully I'll get familiar with the east side of new orleans.



The only drawback to this volunteer position is I have to use my own car and pay for gas $$. With no income this is going to be a little taxing but with some support from my family I'm sure I'll be ok. If you've been reading and are wondering about a way to help out with things down here feel free to donate to the Food for Friends sarah buffie driving fund! holler at me.

i'll put on some more pics soon.